Scientist The STEM fields–science, technology, engineering, and mathematics–are among the most popular majors for college students and prospective high school students. Whether you want to become a software engineer, a nurse, a researcher, or a data scientist, you will have many postgraduate job opportunities.
Black KnowBe4 Scholarship for Black Americans in Cybersecurity. Eligibility: African American or Black students who will be an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in cybersecurity or a related field. Amount: Up to $10,000. Opens: February 1, 2022.
Black Solving this problem will take deep dedication across STEM fields. As one small part of this, the Black Students in STEM Scholarship will be awarded to a Black undergraduate or graduate student who is majoring in a STEM field. This scholarship is part of the Mechanism Ventures Impact Grants Series. Diversity and Inclusion.
Women STEM Scholarships for Under-Represented Minorities. Through partnerships with like-minded entities, NACME’s scholarship program for under-represented minorities serves as a catalyst to increase the proportion of Black/African American, Native/American Indian, and Latinx/Hispanic American young women and men in STEM careers.
Scholarship STEM Major Scholarship ($2,500) Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship ($3,000) Cyber Security Scholarship ($5,000) Student Member Scholarship ($2,500) NOTE: There is ONE application form for all STEM Major Scholarships; applicants will be considered for all AFCEA STEM Major scholarship opportunities for which they are qualified.
Current This scholarship will assist current African-American undergraduate sophomores who are current residents of Atlanta, Boston, or the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina and are pursuing a major in Business Administration, Consulting, Energy, Finance or Accounting, Human Resources, IT or Technology at an accredited four-year college
Foundation 02/28/2022. AIA /Architects Foundation Diversity Advancement Scholarship. $20,000. Varies. AIA Chicago Foundation Graduate Diversity Scholarship. $10,000. 03/20/2022. AIA Chicago Foundation Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship. $10,000.
Scholarship Scholarships include the Chris Jackson Computer Science Education Scholarship, Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship, BHW Women in STEM Academic Scholarship, SWE Scholarship, AFCEA STEM Teacher Graduate Scholarship, and AFCEA STEM Major Scholarship for Undergraduate Students. These scholarships have expired. We'll be updating this blog in the …
Welcome Welcome to Black Scholarships: The largest online directory of scholarships and financial aid opportunities for African American and other minority students. The programs listed on our web site give away millions of dollars in college funding, and are sponsored by foundations, government agencies and even corporations from all over the country!
American 1. AfterCollege. When talented students from diverse backgrounds have access to stellar education, the positive outcomes provides ripple effects for industry, communities, schools, families and organizations.
2. AIAA Shaping the Future of Aerospace. The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is known as the world’s largest technical society dedicated to the global aerospace profession, with the tagline of Shaping the Future of Aerospace.
3. American Society for Engineering Education. American Society for Engineering Education was originally named the Society for the Promotion of Engineering Education (SPEE), and premiered at the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893 amidst the initial exhibition of electricity.
4. ASME Scholarship Foundation. ASME stands for the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and their mission includes the promotion of art, science, and practice of multidisciplinary engineering and allied sciences around the globe.
5. Association of State Dam Officials. The Association of State Dam Officials offers an annual scholarship to STEM students interested in dam safety, construction, and maintenance.
6. BHW Group. A group of problem-solvers, architects, developers, and designers came together to form this successful mobile app and web development company.
7. Davidson Institute. The Davidson Institute is a comprehensive non-profit organization, designed to nurture and support young, highly intelligent students, and creating opportunities for them to be challenged to ultimately create change.
8. Emerson Industrial Automation. Emerson is a company that has been known from creating residential and commercial automation solutions that tie into solving some of the largest questions in an uncertain marketplace.
9. Gates Foundation. Many of us have heard of famous private philanthropic organization, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a leader in funding for education and anti-poverty ventures, since 2000.
10. Google. Most of us immediately think of google when we are searching for an answer, trusting that it is right at our fingertips with this ubiquitous resource.
While STEM Degree Concentrations. STEM is a broad category encompassing many subfields of science, technology, engineering, and math. The specific major you choose will have an impact on your funding options. While there are many general STEM scholarships and grants available, high-demand areas such as engineering and statistics tend to receive more
Through 1. Jesse Jackson Fellows-Toyota Scholarship. The Jesse Jackson Fellows – Toyota Scholarship is awarded to students through a partnership of PUSH for Excellence and Toyota Motor Company.
2. Ron Brown Scholar Program. The Ron Brown Scholarship is awarded to students through the Ron Brown Scholar Fund. A public charity, the Ron Brown Scholar Fund was originally started by the CAP Charitable Foundation.
3. Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship. The Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship program is a scholarship offered by Microsoft Corporation. Started by Bill Gates in 1975, Microsoft is one of the largest software development companies in the entire world.
4. ACS Scholars Program. The ACS Scholars Program is offered to students through the American Chemical Society. Founded and chartered by the United States Congress in 1876, the American Chemical Society is now the world’s largest scientific society.
5. AMS Minority Scholarship. The AMS Minority Scholarship is awarded to students by the American Meteorological Society. Established in 1919, the American Meteorological Society was created as the premier scientific and professional organization within the United States dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of information relating to the atmospheric, oceanic, and hydrologic sciences.
6. Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship. The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is offered through the United States Department of State.
7. ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Math and Science Scholarship. The ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Math and Science Scholarships are awarded to students through a partnership between the Council of the Great City Schools and ExxonMobil.
8. GE/LNESC Scholarship. The GE/LNESC Scholarship is offered to students through a partnership with GE and the LULAC National Education Service Center, Inc.
9. The SAA Historically Underrepresented Groups Scholarship. The SAA Historically Underrepresented Groups Scholarship is made available to students through the Society for American Archaeology.
10. Pacific Gas & Electric Company Black ERG Scholarship. The Pacific Gas & Electric Company Black ERG Scholarship is given to students through the Pacific Gas & Electric Company.
Students 1. $2,000 PixelPlex Bi-Annual STEM Scholarship. This scholarship was established to help support students pursuing education in STEM, as well as economics and business.
2. UNCF STEM Scholars Program. This tiered tuition scholarship is applicable for talented African-American high school students who aspire to earn STEM degrees and pursue careers in STEM fields.
3. BHW Women in STEM Scholarship. The Women In STEM Scholarship is available to women who are pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree and are majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics during the 2021 school year.
4. $1,500 STEM Scholarship. Students aged 16-22 years old (at the time of entry) who are interested in pursuing a STEM major are qualified to apply. Entrants must be a registered user of NextStepU.com to be eligible.
5. Procter & Gamble STEM Scholarship. Undergraduate students attending an accredited four-year college or university within the United States are eligible to receive up to $5,000.
6. LabRoots STEM Scholarship. LabRoots wishes to encourage all students to stay in science and aims to help students work towards their research and educational goals.
7. STEM Teachers for America’s Future Scholarship. The AFCEA Educational Foundation will offer scholarships of $2,500 to students actively pursuing a graduate degree or credential/licensure for the purpose of teaching STEM subjects at a U.S. K-12 school.
8. Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program. The Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship program provides opportunities to students who want to build their talents and change the world.
9. Women Forward in Technology Scholarship Program. The Woman Forward in Technology scholarship is designed to empower women entering the STEM field, which currently only represents 24% women in the career workforce.
10. Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association Ralph W. Shrader Diversity Scholarships. Full-time graduate students (women and minorities) currently working toward a master’s degree in STEM majors at an accredited college or university in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
Students Millions of students complete undergraduate degree programs each year, but African American students graduate at a significantly lower rate than many of their peers. While 62% of white students finish their degree within six years of initial enrollment, 44.6% of black students drop out of college before graduating, and remain unenrolled within the same timeframe, according to a …
Provider 1. Terrance Hamilton STEM Scholarship. Amount: Up to $500 for 2 recipients. Provider: Niece of Terrance Hamilton. Submit: Online application. Requirements: High school junior or senior, GPA ≥ 3.50, resident of South Carolina, must have a family income of $40k or less, must be interested in a STEM major or trade school, FAFSA, SAR, recommendation letter, transcript.
2. ABC Humane Wildlife Academic Scholarship – Women In STEM. Amount: Up to $1,000 per recipient. Provider: ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention, Inc. Submit: Online Application.
3. John Howard Adkins Memorial Scholarship. Amount: Up to $1,000 per recipient. Provider: John Howard Adkins Memorial Fund (Charity Smith) Submit: Online Application.
4. Straight North STEM Scholarship. Amount: $1,000. Provider: Straight North. Submit: Online application. Undergraduates and graduates may apply. The scholarship supports students studying in the STEM field.
5. Simplr Artificial Intelligence and Technology Scholarship. Amount: $7,500. Provider: Simplr. Submit: Essay (1000-2000 words) Requirements: Undergraduates and graduates may apply.
6. MyBioSource Inc. Scholarship for Students with Disabilities. Amount: $1,000. Provider: MyBioSource. Submit: Essay (250 words) Requirements: High School Senior, undergraduates, graduates and international students with a must have a documented learning disability, application, 250-word essay on why you chose intended college major and why you should receive the scholarship.
7. Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship (Fall) Amount: $1,000. Provider: Lounge Lizard. Submit: Website Design (your own creation) Requirements: Students attending an accredited school, or set to start an accredited school in the United States may apply.
8. Lounge Lizard Web Design Scholarship (Spring) Amount: $1,000. Provider: Lounge Lizard. Submit: Website Design (your own creation) Requirements: Students attending an accredited school, or set to start an accredited school in the United States may apply.
9. GeneTex Scholarship. Amount: $2,000. Provider: GeneTex. Submit: Online application. Requirements: Must be in good standing, enrolled at an accredited college or university, declared STEM major, undergraduates and graduates may apply.
10. “Crack the DAT” Pre-Dental Scholarship. Amount: Up to $1,000. Provider: Crack DAT. Submit: Essay (1-2 pages) Requirements: Applicants must be at least a college junior to apply, must be pursuing dentistry, resume or CV, photo, transcript, DAT score report, video clip introducing yourself.
This also means that there are a ton of STEM scholarships to support students! If you are a STEM student in high school or a college or graduate school student looking to pay for your education, you should be applying for scholarships! Keep on reading to learn more!
Welcome to Black Scholarships: The largest online directory of scholarships and financial aid opportunities for African American and other minority students. The programs listed on our web site give away millions of dollars in college funding, and are sponsored by foundations, government agencies and even corporations from all over the country!
College majors like science, technology, engineering, math and any related fields may have awards. There are even women in STEM scholarships and ones for minority students. All the world’s a stage!
A $5,000 scholarship offered yearly by Masergy to an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in STEM (i.e. science, technology, engineering or mathematics) to assist him/her finishing his/her degree.