Nursing Free Online Nursing Journals Nursing journals primarily focus on research and evidence-based information, offering insight to nurses and those looking to become a nurse. They often present, review, communicate and offer critiques about nursing issues, which may support both academic progress and careers of nurses.
Nursing Evidence-based practice is now widely recognized as the key to improving healthcare quality and patient outcomes. Although the purposes of nursing research (conducting research to generate new knowledge) and evidence-based nursing practice (utilizing best evidence as basis of nursing practice) seem quite different, an increasing number of …1. 6
Nearly Health Source, Nursing/Academic Edition provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals, including nearly 450 peer-reviewed journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Coverage of nursing and allied health is particularly strong.
Nursing Twice each month, we feature a nursing journal from the more than 60 nursing journals available on our site, enabling you free online access to every article in the latest issue. Many of our Featured Journals include continuing education activities, special features, recurring departments, patient education tools, and more.
Scholarly AJN, American Journal of Nursing. 119 (4):50-52, April 2019. Our follow-up to the popular Evidence-Based Practice, Step by Step series (which appeared in AJN from 2009 to 2011) is focused on the most challenging of the seven EBP steps—implementation. The item (s) has been successfully added to " ".1. The interrelation between nursing and medicine.
2. The role of nursing in the physician-patient concept.
3. Medical and social characteristics of patients with paranoid schizophrenia.
4. The challenges of nursing during World War II.
5. Things a nurse is guided by while acting independently.
6. Nursing education and its role in the health system.
7. Identifying a scholarly article - so you can be sure you are using a scholarly article.
8. A short video on how to read a scholarly article.
9. How to read a citation from the library's database when you are searching for an article.
10. Locating the Author's Credentials to be sure the author (s) is/are truly experts in the topic on which they are writing.
11. The body of your paper will differ depending on what type of paper you’ve been asked to write.
12. There is where content is shared.
13. Start a new page (after the abstract, so will be page 3)
14. Continue double-spacing throughout
15. Begin the body with the manuscript Title centered in Upper & lower case
American AJN, American Journal of Nursing. 122 (1):48-53, January 2022. The authors define key terms, such as public option, single payer, and universal health care; outline health care–related elements of the American Rescue Plan Act; and offer suggestions to support nursing advocacy.
Academic The list below describes some of the most common resources for academic research, including some sites that focus on online research for nurses. General Academic Research Tools. BASE: Bielefeld Academic Search Engine offers results in a variety of academic disciplines. About 60% of the indexed documents are available for free.
February The British Journal of Dermatology, February 7, 2022. Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction, CT, and BT for Chronic Pain. Pain, February 7, 2022. Exercise-Induced Cardiac Troponin Elevations
Google Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. Search across a wide variety of disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions.
Articles The Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJNI) was cyberborn in December of 1996. It was one of the first free online journals of nursing. The original aims of OJNI were and remain to publish peer-reviewed, original, high quality scientific papers, review articles, practice-based articles, and databases related to nursing informatics.
Nursing The Royal Marsden Manual Online provides essential nursing knowledge and up-to-date information on nursing skills and procedures. Journal finder Browse over 1,100 e-journals and our print journal titles to help you with your research and study.
Journal 1. Quality in Primary Care. 1.55. 4.73 (5 Yr Journal Impact Factor) Citations Report.
2. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health and Human Resilience. 1.32. 3.25 (5 Yr Journal Impact Factor) Citations Report.
3. Diversity & Equality in Health and Care. 1.43. 2.45 (5 Yr Journal Impact Factor) Citations Report.
4. Clinical Investigation. 1.08. 1.75 (5 Yr Journal Impact Factor) Citations Report.
5. Journal of Community Medicine & Health Education. 0.73. 1.15 (5 Yr Journal Impact Factor) Citations Report.
6. Journal of Palliative Care & Medicine. 0.54. 1.09 (5 Yr Journal Impact Factor) Citations Report.
7. Health Science Journal. 1.63. Citations Report.
8. Neonatal and Pediatric Medicine. 0.8823. Citations Report.
9. Journal of Sleep Disorders : Treatment and Care. 0.875. Citations Report.
10. Occupational Medicine & Health Affairs. 0.83. Citations Report.
Search Search millions of free academic articles, chapters and theses. Index updated: 19th November 2021. New! Search all the world's academic repositories, full-text and records alike. "The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet." — Aristotle.
Education Additional titles licensed by the NIH Library are available at AccessMedicine and Online Journals, Books and more Patient Education Resources. HealthReach: Heath Information in Many Languages. MedlinePlus. IBM Micromedex CareNotes. Multicultural Resources for Health Information. Nursing Research Patient Education Resources (NRPEC)
& 1. Mouth Care to Reduce Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia [CE - Continuing education] AJN, American Journal of Nursing: October 2013 - Volume 113 - Issue 10 - p 24–30.
2. Virtual versus face-to-face clinical simulation in relation to student knowledge, anxiety, and self-confidence in maternal-newborn nursing: A randomized controlled trial.
3. Predicting Coronary Heart Disease Events in Women: A Longitudinal Cohort Study. McSweeney, J., Cleves, M. A., Fischer, E. P., Moser, D. K., Wei, J., Pettey, C., &
4. Science and modern thought in nursing: Pragmatism & praxis for evidence-based practice: Book review. Thorne, S. (2014).
5. Incidence of skin tears and risk factors: A systematic literature review. Strazzieri-Pulido, K. C., Peres, G. R. P., Campanili, Ticiane Carolina Gonçalves Faustino, & de Gouveia Santos, Vera Lúcia Conceição.
6. Transient ischemic attack and cognitive impairment: A review. Ganzer, C. A., Barnes, A., Uphold, C., & Jacobs, A. R. (2016).
7. Time for Clarity and Consistency in Systematic Review. Walker, J., & Hopp, L. (2017). Clinical Nurse Specialist, 31(3), 131-133.
8. Medication errors in home care: a qualitative focus group study. Berland, A., & Bentsen, S. B. (2017).
Access Scholarly open access journals cite their sources using references or bibliographies. OMICS International has 700 online scholarly open access journals and organizes 1000 international conferences worldwide. Apart from providing a free access to articles to everyone, it also extends support to other scholarly journals in the peer-review process
nursing research topics
The information on this page covers the following topics:
How do I find nursing journals? The best way to find nursing research articles is by using the database CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature). The CINAHL Plus with Full Text database is also available from the Health Sciences Library list of databases.