Large 1. Important Facts About This Area of Study
2. Core Courses in Computer Information Systems. These courses introduce students to fundamental concepts in information systems technology, such as how to design a database, algorithms and information systems for specific
3. Math Courses. In addition to the core courses, a B.S.
4. Communications Courses.
5. University of Washington - Seattle Campus. Located in the city of Seattle, UW Seattle is a public university with a fairly large student population.
6. Western Governors University. WGU is a very large private not-for-profit university located in the large suburb of Salt Lake City.
7. Southern Methodist University.
8. Identify the parts of a computer, the basics of what they do, and their role in the system
9. Understand computer networking basics and explain what happens when a URL is typed into a search bar
10. Use the terminal (command line) to navigate a file hierarchy and perform basic operations on files
Courses Alison's free online IT courses include clear and simple lessons on how to manage networks, develop software, process data and maintain vital IT systems across computers, phones and more. We offer both short certificate courses and comprehensive diploma courses or …
Information Free Online Information Technology Courses. Posted: (5 days ago) Sep 21, 2010 · Free Online Information Technology Courses Information technology is the study and practice of utilizing computers and other communication systems to transmit, organize, access, and manipulate data. Information technology is a broad term that is used in several
Information Free Online Information Technology Courses. Information technology is the study and practice of utilizing computers and other communication systems to transmit, organize, access, and manipulate data. Information technology is a broad term that is used in several industries, including in the business, engineering, and medical fields.
Offered 1. Introduction to Information Technology. Offered by Sophia. Students can potentially transfer this online technology course for credit at various schools, making this our top choice for free online technology classes.
2. CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science. Offered by Harvard University via edX. The on-campus version of CS50 is Harvard’s largest and most popular course, and this free online version is the same one taught in the classroom.
3. Free Technology Courses. Offered by Free Code Camp. Graduates of Free Code Camp have gotten jobs with tech companies like Microsoft, Google, and Apple, and you could be next.
4. Information Technology Foundations. Offered by Western Governor’s University via edX. This is an excellent self-paced course brought to you by Western Governor’s University and presented on the edX platform.
5. Free Tech Training. Offered via Thinkful. Thinkful’s free online courses in technology are offered using a new and innovative approach—you don’t pay a dime for your education if you don’t find a new career within six months of graduating.
6. Business Technology Management Specialization. Offered by Indian School of Business via Coursera. This specialization in business technology management consists of six courses, each of which can be taken in audit mode for free on the Coursera platform.
7. Software Testing. Offered by Udacity. This terrific intermediate technology course on Udacity will give students a basic introduction to testing software.
8. Introduction to Computational Thinking and Data Science. Offered by Massachusetts Institute of Technology. There may be no better place to learn technology skills from the mother of all Tech schools—MIT.
9. Emerging Technologies: From Smartphones to IoT to Big Data Specialization. Offered by Yonsei University via Coursera. If you get excited about cell phone technology, AI, natural language processing, and the Internet of Things, this Emerging Technologies specialization is for you.
10. New Technologies for Business Leaders. Offered by Rutgers via Coursera. For entrepreneurs and business leaders looking for a broader understanding of the newest information technologies and how they can apply to business, this excellent course is the perfect fit.
Career Information Technology (IT) courses and specializations teach cloud computing, cyber security, data management, networking, and more. Learn to use computers to meet day-to-day business needs and launch or advance your career in the IT industry.
Advance Free online tech courses with certificates. Information technology professionals can advance their careers without breaking the bank by …
Materials This is one of over 2,400 courses on OCW. Explore materials for this course in the pages linked along the left. MIT OpenCourseWare is a free & open publication of material from thousands of MIT courses, covering the entire MIT curriculum. No enrollment or registration. Freely browse and use OCW materials at your own pace.
Schools EdX. EdX is a massive open online course (MOOC) provider with university-level courses developed by schools, nonprofit organizations and corporations. These programs are offered for free to users
Introduction 1. Introduction to Information Security. The free CISSP course provides comprehensive knowledge on all areas of IT security needed by IT professionals aiming to pass the CISSP certification exam.
2. Introduction to Cyber Security. The Free Cyber Security Basics Course is designed for beginners to provide basic know-how of the present-day cyber security landscape, to familiarize learners with relevant tools to assess and manage security protocols in information processing systems.
3. Ethical Hacking for Beginners. Our Ethical Hacking online free courses help you develop a solid understanding of the fundamental concepts of ethical hacking.
4. Introduction to Cloud Security. Learn the Fundamentals of Cloud Security through the free Introduction to Cloud Security course. The program gives an overview of information security risks and elaborates on the most effective strategies needed to ensure data security.
5. Introduction to Cybercrime. Our free course, Understanding the Basics of Cybercrime online, has been developed by industry experts to provide detailed insights into the various types of cyberattacks taking place in organizations across sectors today.
6. Introduction to CISSP Security Assessment & Testing and Security Operations. The free CISSP Security Assessment, Testing, and Operations for Beginners is an introductory course that helps develop strong expertise in security assessment and testing and security operations.
Systems Learn the fundamentals of information systems and their application with an overview of office data management systems, desktop operating systems, web technologies and much more. This free, 4-week online IT course will give you a good general overview of the field. Take your skills and expertise to the next level with advance courses.
Software In the following courses on Software Testing, you will attain crucial information about software testing concepts and techniques. As a software tester, you must learn about the latest tools to handle the continuously increasing complexities in the field, catch bugs and construct impeccable software.
Computer 1. GCFLearnFree: This treasure trove of free classes is designed for all computer owners, whether you're a PC, Mac, or Linux fan. Free classes cover email, internet browsing, and Mac and Windows basics.
2. Alison: "ALISON ABC IT" is a free online information technology course that teaches everyday computing as it relates to work and life. The course focuses on Microsoft Office applications and touch typing.
3. Home and Learn: All the free online tutorials at the Home and Learn site are aimed toward complete beginners—you don't need any experience to get started.
4. Free-ed: Free-ed offers a comprehensive collection of free e-books, courses, and tutorials. Subjects include computer programming, operating systems, database operations, and web scripting, and as well as more advanced topics like design, networking, communications, game design, animation, and virtual reality.
5. Meganga: Meganga provides free basic computer training for beginners and seniors. The video tutorials cover computer basics, Windows, troubleshooting, Word, Outlook, and other topics.
Online Free online tutorials for Information Technology courses with reference manuals and examples. E-University offers 4000+ Online Courses which will help potential job seekers to achieve IT and Non IT jobs.
Learn the fundamentals of information systems and their application with an overview of office data management systems, desktop operating systems, web technologies and much more. This free, 4-week online IT course will give you a good general overview of the field.
Best Schools for Information Technology in the United States
What you'll learn