English Improve your English for free with lessons, exercises, and activities build the skills you need to use English right now. Start with the menu at the top or see what we have below. Free grammar lessons and tests help you build the language skills you need. Topics include verb tenses, articles, adjectives, questions, conditionals, and much more.
English USA Learns has several free courses to help you learn English, improve your skills, study for a job, prepare to become a U.S. citizen, and more! The 1st English Course is a video-based online English course for beginner students. Learn English with the video stories of the beginner students in an adult education class.
English Boost your English language skills with Alison's free online English courses. English is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, so learning English can greatly enhance your personal and professional life. If you are in the tourism industry, we recommend you start with our short certificate courses English for Travel (Elementary
English Free English courses are available online for adults seeking career development, GED test preparation help or assistance in learning English as a second language. Options include comprehensive
English Improve your English listening with this series of free English lessons. Practise listening to dialogues and understanding natural English conversations. All lessons include a script, vocabulary notes and exercises to help you learn and use new language. Enjoy browsing through these Oxford Online English archives.1. The English Fluency Reading Method. This method will help you get input AND will help you learn new words and phrases.
2. ABL: Always Be Listening. While I recommend making time for focused listening, listening while doing other things is a fantastic way to do more in English.
3. Copy How Native Speakers Speak.
4. Use Flashcards to Get the Repetition You Need.
5. Have patience: Remember that learning a language is a gradual process—it does not happen overnight.
6. Define your learning objectives early: What do you want to learn and why?
7. Make learning a habit: Try to learn something every day.
8. Choose your materials well: You will need reading, grammar, writing, speaking and listening materials.
9. further education colleges
10. adult education centres
11. some libraries, children’s centres and other community venues
12. other training providers
13. Bahati Buzindu, a refugee from the Democratic Republic of the Congo and HIAS client.
14. About Rosetta Stone. Rosetta Stone is dedicated to changing people's lives through the power of language education.
15. About HIAS.
English Free English online courses. Access 300 video lessons for up to 10h/mo. Elementary to advanced. Click here and start learning English online today.
Practice ESOL courses is a free online English lesson website. You can practice your English with interactive listening lessons, reading exercises, quizzes and games. I especially like their quizzes after viewing a practice video.
English Free Courses English courses from top universities and industry leaders. Learn Free Courses English online with courses like Lesson Small Talk & Conversational Vocabulary and English for Career Development.
Feedback Our free online tool helps you to practise your writing and get valuable feedback instantly. Write & Improve is simple to use: just choose a task, write or upload a written response and use the feedback to quickly improve. It shows you how to improve your spelling, grammar and vocabulary. Join over 2 million learners of English who have used
English Learn English Speaking Online to improve your Spoken English. Speak English fluently with Free Spoken English lessons using over 10,000 free audio files!
Communication 186,225 recent views. This Specialization helps you improve your professional communication in English for successful business interactions. Each course focuses on a particular area of communication in English: writing emails, speaking at meetings and interviews, giving presentations, and networking online. Whether you want to communicate to
Courses 1. Alison. Alison offers over 750 courses, many of which focus on the development and improvement of spoken and written English skills. Their website boasts 600 hours of English content.
2. EdX. EdX offers classes taught by professors from well-known, established universities across the country, including Harvard and MIT. Some of these classes will cost a little bit of money, so make sure to check out the particulars before registering in a class.
3. FutureLearn. Students on FutureLearn are encouraged to interact with others who are enrolled in the same courses. Courses are offered on specific time schedules, with the majority of the courses lasting six to ten weeks.
4. Canvas Network. Backed by universities, Canvas Network blends their own courses with those from sponsoring institutions. Some courses are held during specific times while others are designed for students to take at their own pace.
5. World Education University. Courses on this site are designed for students who are or want to become advanced in the English language. They are currently seeking accreditation which will make them a more widely-known and established university.
English World English Institute - Free English Lessons. Free English Lessons. Improve your English - Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking. 1 Study on this website at your own pace. 2 You will have your own teacher. 3 Absolutely no cost.
Writing Improve your writing and grammar skills while writing about exciting and current topics in the news. Developed by the US Department Of State, Voice of America and English language educators, this free journalism course will teach you to write effective stories and reports using improved vocabulary and grammar.
University 1. A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study — In this five-week course provided by the University of Reading (via FutureLearn), you will learn how to write using academic English in preparation for university study.
2. Adjectives and Adjective Clauses — In this four-week course provided by the University of California, Irvine (via Coursera), you will learn how to make your writing more interesting through writing adjectives and adjective clauses.
3. Advanced Writing — In this four-week course provided by the University of California, Irvine (via Coursera), you will learn to raise your level of academic writing in preparation for college-level work.
4. Conjunctions, Connectives, and Adverb Clauses — In this four-week course provided by the University of California, Irvine (via Coursera), you will learn about the different types of conjunctions in English and how to use them and punctuate them in sentences.
5. English Composition — In this eight-week course provided by Arizona State University (via edX) as part of the Global Freshman Academy (GFA), you will learn how to communicate your ideas clearly through English writing.
6. English Composition I — In this ten-week course provided by Duke University (via Coursera), you will learn college-level writing by reading carefully, writing effective arguments, understanding the writing process, engaging with others' ideas, citing accurately, and crafting powerful prose.
7. English Grammar and Style — In this eight-week course sponsored by The University of Queensland (via edX), you can learn key concepts and strategies in grammar and style to help enhance your writing.
8. Getting Started with Essay Writing — In this four-week course provided by the University of California, Irvine (via Coursera), you will learn about the three types of academic essays and how to improve your writing skills when writing each type.
9. Grammar and Punctuation — In this four-week course offered by the University of California, Irvine (via Coursera), you will learn the basics of writing academic English for studying in an American university.
10. How to Write an Essay — In this five-week course provided by the University of California, Berkeley (via edX), you will be introduced to academic writing for English learners by learning essay development, grammatical correctness, and self-editing.
English 1. Free English Course. An 18-week course (A1- A2 level) with all the basics of English grammar, vocabulary and speaking phrases. Plus, plenty of practice exercises!
2. Speaking exercises. Advanced Speaking – Talking About Possibility. Stay Neutral in an Argument – 10 Phrases. Pronunciation Exercise: Silent “b” in words. Pronunciation Exercise: Silent “w” in words.
3. Vocabulary exercises. English Phrases With Never. Collocations Quiz: Test Your Vocabulary. Phone Collocations in English. Learn 10 Telephoning Phrasal Verbs. Memory and Vocabulary Collocations.
4. Grammar exercises. Has and Had. Connecting words. Indirect questions at work. When, while, as, during. Been or Gone? A/an or One? Past Simple and Past Continuous. Past modals.
5. Other lessons / exercises. Write a CV: How to Use Powerful Verbs. Phrases for Business Letters and Emails. Writing Exercise: English punctuation. Learning English through video.
The 10 Most Powerful Ways to Improve Your English (From Anywhere in the World)
Tips for Learning and Improving Your English
You can do courses at: