National This test is composed of questions taken directly from and the National Electrical Code®. The National Fire Protection Association, Inc., known by the acronym NFPA ® , develops and publishes the National Electrical Code ® (NEC ), which is a compilation of codes and standards for the International
Conductors 1. Where insulated power and lighting conductors are installed in raceways, an ampacity adjustment must be applied where _____. I. there are more than three (3) current-current carrying conductors in the same raceway.
2. According to the Code, flexible metal conduit (FMC) enclosing circuit conductors is not approved for use as a type of an equipment grounding conductor in lengths exceeding _____.
3. Where a single 125-volt, single-phase, 20-ampere receptacle outlet located in an attached garage of a dwelling unit is provided for a central vacuum assembly, the receptacle outlet is required to have _____.
4. Where Type NM cable is used as the wiring method for "home runs" for power and lighting branch circuits in a dwelling, the minimum size copper required is _____.
5. When single-phase, 125-volt, 15- or 20-ampere receptacles are housed in a device box located outdoors in a wet location, the receptacles shall have an enclosure that is listed as _____ whether or not the attachment plug cap is inserted.
6. For one-family dwellings supplied by a single-phase, 120/240-volt system, and having a 200-ampere rated inverse time circuit breaker for the main disconnecting means, what minimum size THWN aluminum conductors are permitted for use as ungrounded service-entrance conductors?
7. If a 1¾ in. deep, single-gang, Type FS device box houses a duplex receptacle, how many insulated size 12 AWG conductors are permitted to be enclosed in the FS box?
8. The required 15- or 20-ampere receptacle outlet for a peninsular countertop or work surface in the kitchen of a dwelling must be located not further than _____from the outer edge of the peninsular countertop.
9. In compliance with the rules established by the NEC®, all 120-volt, single-phase, 15- and 20-ampere branch circuits supplying outlet or devices in specific areas or rooms of a dwelling unit shall be provided with arc-fault circuit-interrupter protection.
10. The Code mandates a clearly labeled emergency disconnect is to be provided at each service for one- and two-family dwelling units. The emergency disconnect is permitted to be installed _____.
Aptitude Electrician Aptitude Test: A Study Guide for The IBEW NJATC Aptitude Test (Includes Free Practice Test Questions) Thomas Hawkins October 14, 2015
Conduit 1. The optional method of calculation for dwelling units is reserved for ___.
2. When calculating the service-entrance conductors of a farm where all the buildings, including the dwelling, are supplied from a common service, the second largest individual load in the group shall be calculated at _____.
3. The entire area of a service pit located in a commercial major repair garage that is not provided with mechanical ventilation is classified as a _____ location.
4. The MAXIMUM distance conduit seals are permitted to be installed from an enclosure that houses devices that produces arcs or high-temperatures in a Class I, Division 1 location is _____.
5. Where three (3) switches are grouped or ganged in an outlet box without permanent barriers, the voltage between the adjacent switches shall NOT exceed _____.
6. In order to determine the adequate size of a junction box containing size 4 AWG THWN copper conductors, the volume allowance, in cubic inches, required per conductor is _____.
7. Given: You are to install an underground run of trade size 2 in. Schedule 40 PVC conduit containing 120/240-volt, single-phase service-entrance conductors supplying a one-family dwelling.
8. Where an eye-bolt is provided as a means of attachment of 120/240-volt, single-phase residential service-drop conductors, in no case shall this point of attachment be less than _____ above finished grade.
9. Given: You are to install four (4) size 350 kcmil THWN copper conductors in a run of rigid metal conduit (RMC). What is the MINIMUM trade size RMC required to enclose the conductors for this installation?
10. Where size 2 AWG THWN/THHN copper conductors, protected by a 100 ampere rated circuit breaker, are enclosed in a Schedule 40 PVC conduit to supply an air-conditioning unit, what is the MINIMUM size copper equipment grounding conductor required for this installation?
Practice Electrical Theory Practice Test. Take our online electrical theory practice test and see the type of questions on an electrician licensing exam. This Electrical Career Now free practice test covers electrical theory, electrician trade knowledge, wiring, installation, safety, load calculations, and more. Find a local electrical school.1. Allow plenty of time. If there is one pitfall to avoid when studying for your PTCB test, it’s underestimating the amount of time you’ll need to study.
2. Familiarize yourself with the 4 knowledge domains.
3. Take some practice tests to check where you’re starting from.
4. Create a study timetable.
5. Study up on your weak areas.
Journeyman GET STARTED PACKAGE JOURNEYMAN. 2020 Journeyman Electrician Exam Questions and Study Guide - Online Course An excellent ONLINE study-aid for the helper, apprentice, or electrician in preparing for the Journeyman Electrical Exam.
Study I definitely recommend iPrep to study for the Electrical IBEW aptitude test. I hadn’t taken a math class in 20+ years and badly needed the algebra and functions review. The study guide is well-organized and the explanations are clear and concise. The timed practice tests are extremely helpful.
Practice Practice When and Where You Want Our practice tests and material are entirely online and formatted for use on desktops, laptops, tablets, and even smartphones. Study at your own pace and re-take each practice exam as many times as you want. Try the JADE Learning Electrical Exam Prep for Free
Online EXAM BUSTER is going digital. Moving online for the 6th edition. Try us out online for free! See the details below! Paper copies still available & very popular! These study guides are good in all states to prepare for the state Electrician Journeyman & Master Electrician exams.
Electrician’s take the electrician’s exam. Taking an electrician’s exam without doing a good job of preparation is a complete waste of time — both yours and that of the licensing authority. The results are predictable. Don’t make that mistake. The most common reason for failure is that the applicant didn’t study properly because he didn’t
Electrician Get the Electrician Exam Secrets Study Guide Here's how to order right now! Electrician Exam Secrets can be ordered directly from this site. A printed copy will typically ship within one business day from our shipping facility. Or, if you prefer, you can order the study guide as an online ebook. It doesn't require any special software.
Practice Download Free Free Electrical Exam Study Guide Journeyman Simulated Exam This self-study exam prep book is based on the 2011 NEC with ten practice calculations exams consisting of 25 questions each and a final exam of 100 questions.
Test DISCLAIMER: Electrician-Exam-Guide.com has created this powerful online practice quiz engine to help you quickly prepare for ESA-CEC Electrician license in Canada. Please note that this is not a real test. Electrician-Exam-Guide.com is not responsible for any results of your real ESA test. The Federal, Provincial and municipal regulations and codes could be modified …
Guide texas-electrical-exam-study-guide 1/3 Downloaded from you.slsuonline.edu.ph on January 31, 2022 by guest [MOBI] Texas Electrical Exam Study Guide Yeah, reviewing a books texas electrical exam study guide could accumulate your near contacts listings. This is just one of the solutions for you to be successful.
Study Get free access to the library by create an account, fast download and ads free. We cannot guarantee that every book is in the library. Pennsylvania 2020 Master Electrician Exam Questions and Study Guide
Determining Exam Content Refer to your study guide. Review your course syllabus. Review your class notes. Attend class before the exam. Ask your teacher what you should study. Consult previous course exams. Know the format of the exam. Determine appropriate test-taking materials.
How do I study for the PTCB exam?
The electrical aptitude test is pre-condition for all electrician jobs. If you are looking for a job of an electrician, you will have to install, test and maintain electrical types of equipment and electronics. However, your focus shall be on the areas of which you have got particular knowledge.
which consists of about 300 biographical inventory questions like those on the Series 6500 COAST exam (see page 12). These are psychological profile questions, and the answers given indicate personal preferences. Though there is no recommended study guide, the Arco book for Civil Service Psychological and Psychiatric Tests may be of use to applicants.