Instructor-Led Instructor-Led Training vs. eLearning EdgePoint Learning1. Accessibility To SME Advice. One of the benefits of Virtual Instructor-Led Training is that learners can always gain access to quality advice from experts across different platforms.
2. Creates An Immersive Learning Experience. Another benefit of Virtual Instructor-Led Training is that it helps to create an immersive learning experience for learners.
3. The Ability To Track And Measure Success. In traditional classroom training, it's always difficult to track and measure the effectiveness of training on learners.
4. Cost-Effectiveness. One of the benefits of Virtual Instructor-Led Training is that it's cost-effective for both the learners and the organization. Unlike the classroom Instructor-Led Training, VILT helps to save on travel expenses for both learners and instructors.
5. Continuous Learning Experience. Another benefit of Virtual Instructor-Led Training is that it offers learners a continuous learning experience. So for businesses, employees are provided, through VILT, with the essential tools and resources, including digital libraries and video resources to encourage them to learn better.
6. Blends With Different Learning Styles. No doubt, people have different learning styles and preferences that work for them. While some prefer to learn in a quiet place on their own, some prefer to learn from others.
7. Easy Customization. Often times an organization will want to communicate some necessary information on a particular job in a short amount of time to employees.
8. Suitable For High-Risk Jobs. One other benefit of Virtual Instructor-Led Training is that it is suitable for high-risk jobs and complex skills. For instance, employees can be best trained in complex leadership skills via live training activities like role play.
Which Real time feedback enables and reinforces learning. Instructor can manipulate delivery of content according to level of understanding of learners. Slow learners can get special attention. Individual attention can be garnered by the learner from the instructor. ILT provides the human touch- which is absent in e-learning which is not synchronous.
Benefits Benefits of Instructor-Led Training Personal Approach – ILT allows a hands-on and personal approach that will negate the isolation some individuals may feel when taking online courses. Access to an Expert Instructor – An OSHA-approved instructors will be conducting the training
Advantages Advantages of ILT One of the greatest advantages of instructor-led training is that employees have the opportunity to ask questions. Highly-trained corporate trainers and instructors can also adapt their presentations to the skill level and personality of the class they’re teaching.
Learning 1. Provides access to learning content anytime, anywhere. An e-learning solution allows employees to access material from anywhere, anytime. Because e-learning materials can be accessed anywhere, employees can access relevant resources any time they encounter a question or difficult situation at work.
2. Facilitates better, long-term retention of information. To be honest, hand-written notes taken during a training session are not the most effective way to retain knowledge.
3. Is adaptable to various learning styles. Not every employee learns the same way. You don’t need to look further than yourself or your immediate circle of colleagues to notice the differences in our learning styles.
4. Requires very less employee time. A Brandon-Hall Study reported that e-learning requires 40% to 60% less employee time than the same material delivered in a traditional classroom setting.
5. Offers constructive feedback. E-learning provides real-time feedback during an online training assessment. Providing constructive feedback (instead of a mere “Well done” or “Wrong answer”) can be influential in improving a learner’s competency and motivates them to participate in the learning process.
Online Online training is less intimidating than instructor-led courses. Students taking an online course enter a risk-free environment in which they can try new things and make mistakes without exposing themselves. This characteristic is particularly valuable when trying to learn soft skills, such as leadership and decision making.
Helps ADVANTAGES OF TRAINING Improves The Performance: Training improves the performance of the employees.It helps them to become more skilled and more productive. Reduces Wastage: When the trainees learn about the right use of the products they know how to use the machine effectively and minimize the wastage.So, training helps to reduce wastage.
Instructors Instructors report: 1 . Less podium time, allowing them to work on improving course content or delivery 2 . Better student engagement 3 . More flexible schedule and ability to teach from different locations 4 . Opportunity to improve their skills using technology to deliver a …
Learning 1. Mobile Learning. Mobility has become an indispensable part of daily life for billions of people. To illustrate, in 2020, there were over 6.95 billion mobile users and the number is set to reach 7.1 billion by 2021 (Statista, 2020).
2. Social Learning. During our early years, we learn purely from others. A baby who is learning to talk, for example, learn from his or her parents and the other people surrounding him or her.
3. The Inevitable Rise of Immersive Technologies. Like artificial intelligence (AI), immersive technologies have the potential to shift the elearning landscape.
4. Microlearning. Picture this–on average; an employee has time to dedicate a meager 1% of the workweek to professional development. To put this in perspective, an employee has only 24 minutes allotted for training in a 40-hour week (eLogic Learning).
5. Work-Life Skills Coming to the Fore. When digital learning first came, much of the effort was put into building resources for context-specific techniques.
6. Video-Based Learning. Is there a hotter mode of training right now than video? Over the last couple of years, video has exploded, propelled by the rapid growth of video-sharing platforms.
7. Adaptive Learning Going to the Next Level. Adaptive learning has been around for a while now. In 2017, Donald Taylor conducted an annual L&D Global Sentiment Survey.
8. Big Data in Learning. Everything about the modern workplace is changing. The mode of work, employee behavior, and learning habits. Better still, the demographic shifts in the last few decades mean that a new type of employee is gracing the workplace.
9. Artificial Intelligence. Artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the hottest elearning trends in higher education as well as the corporate and business world.
10. Gamification and Game-Based Learning. Leveraging gamification and game-based learning is not a new concept in L&D. The elearning trend started gathering steam in 2018, and despite maintaining an upward trajectory, it has never climaxed.
ASHRAE Online Instructor-Led Courses. 1-Hour Course: $99 ( $74 ASHRAE Member) 2-Hour Course: $198 ($149 ASHRAE Member) 3-Hour Course: $299 ($224 ASHRAE Member) 6-Hour Course: $495 ($369 ASHRAE Member) All courses are archived for a period after their initial presentation. Note: Course fees listed above are per person for a single presentation
Learning 1. Flexibility. A blended learning approach provides ultimate flexibility in presenting content. Complex topics can be presented in the classroom, while other subject matter can be available online.
2. Effectiveness. Garrison and Kanuka (and I’m sure countless other academics) have studied blended learning. Their research concludes that “blended learning … has the proven potential to enhance both the effectiveness and efficiency of meaningful learning experiences.”
3. Efficiency. With a well-planned blended learning strategy, you can efficiently and quickly deliver training to a broad audience. And with digital assets such as videos and recordings and eBooks, the potential for re-use is huge.
4. Cost-effectiveness. Most of us like strategies that can save our organization money. And blended learning is one of them! Including more online options in your training program saves on travel and missed work.
5. Personalization. Any training that is not well implemented can create an isolating, cookie-cutter, impersonal learning experience. But the good news is that a well-crafted blended solution can provide a seamless transition from classroom to computer or vice-versa.
6. Extended reach. Almost always, creating a blended learning strategy reduces classroom teaching time. By digitizing the expertise of talented instructors or subject-matter experts, you can reach more people with high-quality content at a fraction of the cost.
7. Covers all learning styles. It’s always important to take learning styles into account then designing training for adults. Effective blended learning is a “best of all worlds” solution that can help you cater to all learning styles through a variety of mediums and techniques.
Advantage Advantage #1: Focus When employees attend an instructor-led training session in a classroom, they are better able to focus on what it …
One of the greatest advantages of instructor-led training is that employees have the opportunity to ask questions. Highly-trained corporate trainers and instructors can also adapt their presentations to the skill level and personality of the class they’re teaching.
eLearning and Instructor-led learning are two training methods with differing strengths and weaknesses. Blended learning refers to eLearning platforms' support for combining both types of training. With TalentLMS's support for blended learning, you can combine eLearning and Instructor-led training in a balance to meet your learners’ needs.
Instructor-led training is great for complex topics, where it’s useful to offer in-depth explanations or expert opinion in immediate response to questions as they arise. Self-paced training, on the other hand, is more of an individual pursuit and gives the learner control over when to move ahead in the material.
Today, VILT is expanding the idea of traditional classroom training. With webinars and video conferencing tools, learners can easily connect online to real-time training with Subject Matter Experts, irrespective of their location. In this article, we'll be looking at 8 benefits of Virtual Instructor-Led Training in corporate training.